Saturday, October 3, 2009

Intro time

I'm Tourinho, and I'm preparing for my first batizado which takes place in less than two weeks.

I've been playing capoeira for a couple of months now, and quite frankly it has been challenging. It is a challenge that I'm more than up for, but a challenge nonetheless. I'm still having trouble letting go of some old fears and it is starting to show in my game. Still, capoeira is arguably the best thing that has happened to me; I've made some new friends, found out I can do things I didn't even think were possible, learned to play new instruments and above all else, I'm having a complete blast while doing it all.

I'm not exactly a fan of doing acrobatics...it is all pretty much related to a personal hurdle, so I'm not going to go too much into it here, but yeah...it is definitely a learning experience. Still, it is only a hurdle which I will overcome with enough work.

As of now, I have some good basics which I know will serve me well, and I'm working on improving them. I figure the more I do them and work on them, the better they'll bet and the better solid grounding I'll have to fall back on when need be.

I'm also just starting to link things together on my own. It is really fun to try forming sequences to see how they'd work, then learn from it. The hard part that I've found is then adding them to your game.

I don't have a whole ton else to say right now so I guess that's it for now.

Muito Axé!

No comments:

Post a Comment