Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bloomsday playlist

Even though we're not allowed to have iPods or anything on the course, I came up with the following playlist. The first three miles are kind of slower BPMs to keep me pacing well, then I plan to walk mile four. Mile five starts out with a pick-up song to get me ready for Doomsday hill that comes up around then, the rest of the songs have a faster pace than the first three miles, but not by much (I want to keep a fairly good pace throughout the whole thing), then I finish on Paranaue. The two songs after are for when the endorphin rush hits.

Mile 1:
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
I Got a Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Empire State of Mind - Jay Z feat. Alicia Keyes

Mile 2:
Ray of Light - Madonna
Mr. Brightside - The Killers

Mile 3:
Blue Light (original ver.) - Jake Benson
Rave Techno - DJ Mangoo
Over You - Daddy DJ

Mile 4 (the rest mile):
Good Girls Go Bad - Cobra Starship
Tik Tok - Ke$ha
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga

Mile 5:
Je Ne Sais Quoi - Hera Björk
Manboy - Eric Saade
Kom - Timoteij

Mile 6:
Still Waiting - Sum41
This is My Life - Eurobandið
Stronger - Britney Spears

Mile 7 (the wall):
Mortal Kombat Theme - The Immortals
Capoeira de Sao Salvador/Quem Vem La - Mestre Suassana
Don't Stop Believin' - Glee Cast

Mile 7.5 (last leg):
Paranaue - Only the Strong OST

Victory:
Like a Prayer - Glee Cast
All Things (Just Keep Getting Better) - Widelife

This race, like all of my other athletic pursuits, is very cathartic for me. I'm not going into the reasons why, but I'll say this: I need to prove some things to myself. This is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment